Part Time Graphic Artist
FT/PT: Part Time
Hours: 10 flexible, afternoon hours per week.
Position Description (pdf)
Join the Public Relations team at the Fox River Valley Libraries where we're working to bring a creative spark to our print materials, website, newsletter, and signage. Bilingual Spanish / English a plus.
- Designs and produces graphics for printed and digital promotional materials
- Creates layouts for brochures; assists with quarterly newsletter design and production
- Creates and produces original display signage
- Maintains digital art and project files
- Excellent design ability
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and graphic design software and equipment, including Adobe Creative Suite 6, particularly In Design and Illustrator, plus large format printing
- Understanding of graphic design concepts including layout, type specification, file types, manipulation, and selection
- Associates degree or other formal training in graphic design or related area preferred; will consider student in graphic arts program
- Six months experience in graphic design and desktop publishing in a workplace setting
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in design
No phone calls, please. All application documents must be submitted electronically. Applications submitted in person or via US mail will not be considered.