The Fox River Valley Public Library District serves 70,000 residents in northeastern Kane County, Illinois. Our growing, culturally diverse district along the Rt. 90 corridor straddles the Fox River and includes the communities of East Dundee, West Dundee, Carpentersville, Sleepy Hollow, and Gilberts along with parts of Algonquin, Barrington Hills, and Elgin. The Fox River Valley Public Library District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, genetic information, or any other segmenting factor protected by law.
Facilities Manager – Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week, includes a mix of daytime, evening and weekend hours as needs require.
Salary: $47,650 per year DOQ
Position Description (PDF):
The Dundee Library is hiring a Full-time Facilities Manager to coordinate building functions at our Libraries and supervise our hard-working and capable Facilities team. The successful applicant will be a handy person with an abundance of energy, able to organize varying events, and experienced supervising others.
Essential functions of this job include:
- Responsible for safety and security of assets, personnel, and patrons; Chairs Safety Committee
- Coordinates daily maintenance
- Develops specs and obtains estimates or bids regarding facility projects
- Performs facility plant and equipment obsolescence planning, budgeting and replacement
- Inspects buildings and grounds to determine if repairs are needed
- Responsible for training, supervising, scheduling, evaluating and developing Facilities staff
Current benefits include:
- Four weeks of vacation time, twelve sick days, one personal day, annually
- Holidays in accordance with our annual paid holiday schedule
- Health, dental, life insurance
- IMRF defined-benefit pension
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management or related field - a combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered. Minimum 2 years related experience. Certified Facility Manager (CFM) preferred.
Account Services Clerk - Part Time
Hours: 16 hours per week. Work schedules may include a mix of daytime evening, and weekend hours.
Salary: $12.59 per hour to start
Position Description (PDF):
We have an opening for a part-time Account Services Clerk at our Dundee Library facility. Primary duties include greeting patrons, providing frontline customer service to assist them with navigating the library’s self-serve environment, and maintaining patron accounts.
Job requirements include:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum one year experience working in a customer service position
- Some college required - LTA or coursework in progress a plus
- Ability to write and speak fluently in both English and Spanish strongly preferred
Applications must be submitted electronically. Visit our website for a full job description, qualifications and application instructions. Our Account Services staff members work in a team environment, sharing the duties required to provide full customer service to patrons of all ages. Successful applicants will be comfortable with the technologies necessary to help patrons navigate the library environment in person, by phone, and online.
Position will be open until filled.
No phone calls, please. All application documents must be submitted electronically. Applications submitted in person or via US mail will not be considered.